Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas!

Well, I am frozen. I have just spent the last five hours climbing an ice and snow face in minus 7 temperatures.I am off for a very hot bath now, before heading off to the pub. I just wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone who reads this a very Happy Christmas!
On the CFZ website today, you can see a photo of a potentially new sub-species of Red Panda.The animal was shot by a local surgeon at Balpakram National Park in Meghalaya. Just after Jon had spotted the horns ,which may result in a new species of deer, this gentleman said to me `do you want to come to my house and see the red panda I shot?" Of course we did! I think Dave was the first to notice that the bands around its tail are much lighter than most red pandas that we have seen.Lars will of course do the tests, so as ever we will have to wait and see.
Until then, I hope Santa brings us all what we wish for.........

No comments:

Post a Comment