Friday, October 16, 2009

New Film.

Well I feel a whole lot better now . I am able to resume my normal Friday night down the pub with my mates!

I spoke to Will Yates early last week , a senior producer on the `Monsterquest` series. He confirmed to me that the `Abominable Snowman` film will be shown on Sunday October 25th at 9 p.m. in the U.S. I really hope this will be a great episode -some of the footage we shot was awesome! It was also pretty dangerous in places. For example, ther was one particular traverse that really should have come with the `one slip and you are dead ` warning!
Climbing at altitude ,we also had to dodge avalanches. During a moving interview with expert Japanese climber Mr.Kyagi, and Chief Sherpa M.B. it transpired that some 3 people had died of either altitude sickness or in avalanches very close to where we were standing!
That said ,the area is very beautiful, and beyond the line of human settlement wildlife abounds.As I flew across the Himalayas by helicopter, following our dramatic rescue, I was sorry to go........................

No comments:

Post a Comment