Saturday, March 27, 2010

New expeditions planned!

This week, as I am sure many of you have heard, brought the exciting news that a new species of hominid has been discovered in Siberia. Whilst it did not come as a surprise to me, I am delighted that scientific verifcation brings us ever closer to the time when scientists will announce that they have found a living species of hominid in some remote part of the globe. To that end , I am redoubling my efforts to seek them and prove their existence to science, myself. Recently, I can reveal that I have been considering expeditions in search of the Almas in Siberia, the Mande Burung in India, and Sasquatch. I have also been doing some research on the feasibility of mounting expeditions in search of Chinese Lake Monsters. As ever, it is always the case of time versus money as I am self financed, and have to work for a living as well! The good news is that I am ready to push ahead with the Indian expedition no matter what. I have an excellent contact on the ground ,and research is in full flow now.I will be going there at some point this year. I would like to do another one as well, but we will see.
I am going down to discuss this at Dave Archers house in two weeks time. Expect more posts on the matter!If anything, the now confirmed cancellation of MonsterQuest has made me redouble my efforts. Though I note from Cryptomundo that more cryptozoological series are being planned.Lets hope they get the mixture of quality and entertainment right.I think MonsterQuest did this, and I enjoyed the show. I hope the new pending series do the same, and actually hire some people with a passion for the subject not just some cheesy git presenters. Yeah ,I know I am jealous cause I want to do it full time!!!!
I had a great time in Brussels, though it was work rather than pleasure that led me there. Belgium, is of course , the home of Tintin. One of his most famous adventures, is Tintin in Tibet, which involves an encounter with a Yeti, so there was at least one relevant cryptozooalogical connection whilst I was there!
As well as being the home for numerous European Institutions, one of the other things Belgium is famous for is its beer. Interestingly, some of the best seems to be brewed by Trappist monks.Beware though, at 9% , it can be very strong indeed,so moderation is called for. It is excellent however. Good enough to keep me locked up in a monastery? No, not ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment